As a busy mom, finding time to go to a gym for my yoga and pilates class is a real challenge. First, I need to find the time to cook meals, get my kids ready for their activities, find time for my husband and that’s on a good day. Which means that working out regularly has been pretty hit or miss.
Having said that, I have found that working out at home is a perfect solution for my schedule. I need to multitask and always try to find the time to squeeze a quick workout in between washes from the laundry list or while I’m waiting for my kids to come back from school. Sometimes my workout happens when my little ones are watching their favorite cartoons or when they do their homework. Whatever the time, I’ve found that working out at home is the way to go for me. Plus, it saves me money, gas and this has allowed me to be constant with my fitness efforts and with my “Me-Time”.
As far as what workouts to do, I’ve tried Jillian Michaels‘ stuff and also those Daily Burn workouts, but the ones I’ve found I keep coming back time and time again are routines from Beachbody. So in no particular order, here are my top 5 workouts to do at home:
1. Piyo: I love, love, love Chalene Johnson’s workouts. Did I say how much I love them? I had done Turbo Fire in the past and loved how fun the routines were. Great music and great overall vibe, which it always helped me feel energized and super happy. So, needless to say, as soon as I saw that she was offering a Pilates-Yoga combo. Check out a Piyo review to learn more. After reading the many reviews posted at mysymfitness.com I was all over it! And as it is with all my Chalene stuff, this is also a keeper and super fun to do.
2. P90X: I found out about this routine after my friend Taryn lost all her baby weight with this workout. At first I was super worried about it being a workout for guys only. But given that my friend got great results and she has a great body, I decided to give it a try. This was a little too intense for my tastes. My husband loves it and he’s become a Tony fan, that’s for sure.
3. P90: This new workout by Tony Horton is actually more my cup of tea. This P90 workout is awesome in that is a lot shorter than P90X as well as less reliant on dumbbells and other equipment. Plus, I feel like I can keep up much better. As with any of Tony’s workouts, this one focuses on all of your fitness requirements and not only on lifting weights or doing cardio. And, P90 is an awesome program for people who are not in the best shape but want to get started working out. This is the perfect workout for beginners.
4. Daily Burn yoga workout: These are great and fun. My only complaint is that you can’t follow a sequence like you do with Piyo for example. What I mean is that you have to come back each day and figure out which workout you want to do, instead of simply going to your fitness guide and see what routine you need to do each day, like you do with P90 or any other beachbody routine.
5. This is a bonus for the guys! Body beast: If you want to build muscle, P90X and Body beast workout are great. Check out a Bodybeast review and learn what it takes and what kind of equipment you need to get in order to do this routine. But I know my hubby loves his Bodybeast transformation and he’s ready for more.
So there you have it! That’s my list of my favorite workouts to do at home in my free moments. Ever since I started working out at home, I’ve actually managed to be consistent with my fitness and overall health. I feel amazing and my friends and family have commented how awesome I look!